The New Zealand Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Tade (MFAT) acts in the world to build a safer, more prosperous, and more sustainable future for New Zealanders.
They do this by building connections with and influencing other countries to advance New Zealand’s interests, project New Zealand values, and secure the outcomes that matter to New Zealand.
One of the key pillars of the Ministry’s offerings is to contribute to the well-being and security of New Zealanders by offering Kiwis the ability to live, do business, travel, and communicate more safely at home and offshore
MFAT contacted Tactical Solutions and wanted us to source and facilitate an install of a CEIA SMD 600 Plus metal detection system into a temporary High Commission location in London.
The security team wanted a Walk-Through Metal Detector that can detect small metal objects for persons entering the High Commission.
They have successfully implemented the CEIA SMD 600 Plus into other embassies around the world, including the Sri Lanka embassy which the Tactical Solutions team had successfully installed earlier this year and specifically wanted the SMD 600.
With the increase in terrorist groups and violent extremists, the threat level advisory system is designed to give a broad indication of the likelihood of a terrorist attack.
In New Zealand the national terrorism threat level is under continual evaluation and can change at any time taking into account specific domestic considerations and relevant international threat factors. The threat level is also subject to a formal annual review.
Terrorism threat levels
Terrorism threat levels are a statement about the likelihood of a terrorist attack occurring. They reflect the assessment of the Combined Threat Assessment Group (CTAG) on the intent and capability of actors to conduct terrorist attacks.
There are five terrorism threat levels:
|EXTREME||A terrorist attack is expected|
|HIGH||A terrorist attack is assessed as highly likely|
|MEDIUM||A terrorist attack is assessed as feasible and could well occur|
|LOW||A terrorist attack is assessed as a realistic possibility|
|VERY LOW||A terrorist attack is assessed as unlikely|
More information about terrorist threat levels
Get more information about terrorism threat levels on the New Zealand Security Intelligence Service website .
The CEIA SMD 600 Plus Solution
The SMD 600 Plus excels in building security, industries security, loss prevention security, courts, and prison environments.
The CEIA SMD 600 PLUS main features
- A High Sensitivity Walk-Through Metal Detector, fully compliant with the NIJ-0601.02 Law Enforcement Security Standards
- Quick, accurate analysis of all parts of the body of people in transit, from the shoe level to the crossbar
- Built-in programs to screen visitors and staff for weapons and contraband
- Met-Identity technology for Identification of Threat Composition
- Accurate pinpointing of individual and multiple metal targets
- High discrimination compliant with and certified to the strictest Standards for Airport Security Screening.
- High throughput capabilities at high security public screening checkpoints.
- Up to 50 built-in security programs
- Up to 30 international standards
- Up to 20 customisable levels that can be adjusted when the possibility of an attack is high
- Very Accurate Pinpointing of individual and multiple metal targets
- Dual side 20 x 2 localisation zones
- Exceptional Immunity to environmental interferences
- Unified construction for indoor and outdoor use.
- Unmatched Reliability
- New certified IP66 control unit
- Over 20 additional accessories and options to enhance screening capabilities